March 03, 2016

"Shine On." Layout

This is my newest layout titled "Shine On.", and it is my entry for the Words and Paintery challenge for February, 2016.


Here is the challenge board for this month:
Words and Paintery challenge for February, 2016

To make the background, I used watercolor paper (140 lbs.) and tore it into two parts. For the top section with the picture, I used Prima's "Checker" stencil and embossed with white embossing powder. Next, I used Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst spray in "Ponderosa Pines Olive" and color shot in "Blue Hawaiian Blue", and they actually have a resist effect over embossed areas.  Around the edges of the watercolor paper sections, I used Ranger Distress Paint in "Black Soot". After layers and layers of ink and water, I built up the background.  

For the bottom half, I sprayed it with Prima Color Bloom Spray in "Pressed Petal" then used Liquitex Glass Bead Gel and Prima's "Circular Lattice" stencil. After the gel was dry, I used Ranger Distress Paint in "Black Soot" around the edges while spraying it with water to allow it to drip.

I glued my two sections of watercolor paper over a piece of black sparkly paper that I had in my stash.

The flowers on the page are "Coconut" KAISERCRAFT Blooms and Wild Orchid Crafts white roses.  I made and cut the title, the two circles, and the embellishment with gems with my Silhouette Portrait. Finally, the two fancy "leaf" embellishments were actually a pair of earrings I haven't used in years.



Here is an angle shot:


Have a wonderful day and thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, gorgeous background work! Thank you for joining Words&Paintery this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful layout! I love the colors and the textures....just lovely! Thanks for playing with us at Words & Painterly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful lo. Thank you for playing with us at Words&Paintery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful layout !!! thank you for your participation

    ReplyDelete