March 03, 2016

"Shine On." Layout - VIDEO TUTORIAL

This is my newest layout titled "Shine On.", and it is my entry for the Words and Paintery challenge for February, 2016. For my video tutorial, I broke it into two parts: the first half shows how I made the background and the second half shows how I made and assembled the embellishments.


Here is the challenge board for this month:

Words and Paintery challenge for February, 2016

To make the background, I used watercolor paper (140 lbs.) and tore it into two parts. For the top section with the picture, I used Prima's "Checker" stencil and embossed with white embossing powder. Next, I used Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst spray in "Ponderosa Pines Olive" and color shot in "Blue Hawaiian Blue", and they actually have a resist effect over embossed areas.  Around the edges of the watercolor paper sections, I used Ranger Distress Paint in "Black Soot". After layers and layers of ink and water, I built up the background.  

For the bottom half, I sprayed it with Prima Color Bloom Spray in "Pressed Petal" then used Liquitex Glass Bead Gel and Prima's "Circular Lattice" stencil. After the gel was dry, I used Ranger Distress Paint in "Black Soot" around the edges while spraying it with water to allow it to drip.

I glued my two sections of watercolor paper over a piece of black sparkly paper that I had in my stash.

The flowers on the page are "Coconut" KAISERCRAFT Blooms and Wild Orchid Crafts white roses.  I made and cut the title, the two circles, and the embellishment with gems with my Silhouette Portrait. Finally, the two fancy "leaf" embellishments were actually a pair of earrings I haven't used in years.



Here is an angle shot:


To see how I did my layout and see the specifics on all the products used for this layout, feel free to watch the video below:



Have a wonderful day and thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, gorgeous background work! Thank you for joining Words&Paintery this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful layout! I love the colors and the textures....just lovely! Thanks for playing with us at Words & Painterly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful lo. Thank you for playing with us at Words&Paintery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful layout !!! thank you for your participation

    ReplyDelete