March 29, 2016

"Living in the Moment" Layout - VIDEO TUTORIAL

Hello everyone! This is my newest layout titled "Living in the Moment" and it is my entry for the Words and Paintery challenge for March, 2016.


Here is the Words and Paintery challenge board for March:


I love the quote for this challenge; when I read it, I thought of the many times in my life in which I was not living in the moment. There have been too many times earlier in my life that I have tried to calculate what would be happening next instead of being in the present. In time, I came to realize that I have the most fun when I am "living in the moment".

To see my process for creating this layout, I invite you to watch my video tutorial

The paper is from Graphic  45; I used several stencils with texture paste; and I used some Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray in "Cattail Copper Brown" and my new Prima Watercolor Confections "The Classics" to color my background (I literally just got it in the mail right before I added the black watercolor to my background – I was so excited to use it!). 

I also used some black StazOn with my Prima "Crackle" Clear Stamp on the background. To finish the background,  I adhered Finnabair Art Ingredients Micro Beads in black and Mica Flakes in mulberry with Golden Regular Gel (Semi-Gloss).



For my video, I did not include the parts that show me spraying and coloring some flowers or the embossing, etc. Instead, I decided to just type it in my blog entry.

I used several different flowers on my page. The larger roses with sparkles on them in the two different colors are both made by Prima. The light (white) roses are from the Salvage District Collection – "Royal Hall" and the other sparkle roses are from the Vintage Emporium Collection – "Verona". 

The remaining roses on the page are from Wild Orchid Crafts. There are very tiny white roses and there are three slightly bigger roses that are red. I used Ranger Dylusions Ink Spray in "Postbox Red" to color these Wild Orchid Crafts' roses. The leaf vines on the page are from Wild Orchid Crafts as well.

Finally, there are flat, shiny looking flowers on my page. These are also Prima flowers from the Butterfly Collection – "Chenille". I colored them by spraying them with Prima Color Bloom Spray in "Ginger Coral" and adding a touch of Ranger Dylusions Ink Spray in "Postbox Red" around the center pearls. Once they were dry, I used my VersaMark ink pad and Ranger Melt Art UTEE and embossed each flower two times.


I designed my title in my Silhouette Design Studio software, cut it from watercolor paper (140 lbs.) with my Silhouette Portrait, and used my black Silhouette sketch pen for the words "in the". I decided to use ColorBox pigment ink in black to emboss my title three times with Ranger Melt Art UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel).

The other embellishments on the page are random gems and things that I had in my stash. 


I hope you get a chance to watch some of my video tutorial! Please feel free to leave any comments, suggestions, or questions. Take care, and have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. Very eye catching and beautifully designed layout! Gorgeous photo of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely and sweet page! thank you for joining words&paintery this konth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab page. Thank you for joining us at Words& Paintery

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Words & Paintery this month!

    ReplyDelete