April 16, 2017

"Smiles" Layout using the Scraps of Darkness "Boys Will Be Boys" Kit

Hi everyone!  Today I wanted to share with you my third project using the March Scraps of Darkness Kit "Boys Will Be Boys".  I used items from the main kit and elements add on kit along with various items from previous Scraps of Elegance kits. You can visit the online store any time to see all of the awesome goodies!

Scraps of Darkness Kit "Boys Will Be Boys" March 2017 by Jessica McFall

My layout is titled "Smiles", and I actually used the "Timeless" title by Blue Fern Studios from a Scraps of Elegance kit last year. The Prima flowers were also from a Scraps of Elegance kit from last year. I loved these additions for my layout!


From the "Boys Will Be Boys" Main Kit, I used a gorgeous Blue Fern Studios paper from the Chesterville Collection for my background. To build my background, I used the Misc. Me Journaling Cards from the BoBunny Life in Color Collection.

To color some of my cardboard pieces, I used the Lindy's Stamp Gang Oktoberfest Orange Magicals Shaker from the main kit and a tiny bit of the Tim Holtz Salty Ocean Distress Crayon on the second piece of cardboard.


From the "Boys Will Be Boys" Elements Add On Kit, I used some of the Clear Stickers from the BoBunny Life in Color Collection along with the Carabelle Studio Circle Collage Cling Stamp to add more interest to the background.


I was really happy to have the American Crafts POP! Microbeads in "Wave" to add to some glass bead gel and a stencil. The USArt Quest Minnie Prills from a Scraps of Elegance kit last year were a nice touch with the Wave Microbeads.

Surprisingly, what I think really pulled it all together was adding the Darice Black Sequins from the main kit to my layout!  


Anyhow, thank you for taking a look at my layout today, and I hope you come back soon to visit!

Don't forget to check out the "Boys Will Be Boys" Main Kit:


And of course, the Elements Add On Kit:


Thanks for the visit!


~Jessica McFall~

No comments:

Post a Comment