February 12, 2016

"Memories" Layout


For this layout titled "Memories" , I  decided to  try a masculine page.  The picture I used is from the Tim Holtz idea-ology "Found Relatives – Occasions" collection.

The black border around the page has some drywall tape followed by a couple of layers of Liquitex Acrylic Gesso, some Distress Crackle Paint, and homemade texture paste (recipe is found at gabriellepollacco.blogspot.ca) with Prima's Weaving  stencil. The flowers on the page are from Prima's Debutante collection and I added some glitter to highlight the flowers. I made the leaf vine using Wild Orchid Crafts' leaves. Along with some stamping in spots, I used the Tim Holtz Crackle stencil to sort of "stamp" some Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray in Cattail Copper Brown.



Using my Silhouette Portrait and the software, I made the title and the clock by the picture. To color it, I mixed some black and brown acrylic paint with Liquitex Glass Bead Gel – the acrylic paint adds a matte finish when used with the gel.  When dry, I brushed some black distress paint over the raised portions of the beads to make it sort of rusty looking.


I am so thankful for my Prima distressing tool for this project! Since I began playing around with mixed media, I think that carpal tunnel syndrome is trying to sneak into my hands and wrists (but it's worth it!).

Hopefully you enjoyed this "masculine" style, heirloom layout. For a more complete list of products, check out my www.scrapbook.com gallery (http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/5562183.html).

No comments:

Post a Comment