February 05, 2016

"Wonderful" Layout - VIDEO TUTORIAL


My newest layout is titled "Wonderful", and it is my entry for the More Than Words Challenge for February, 2016. I also uploaded a video tutorial for this layout toward the end of this post. 
The February, 2016 challenge can be found here.
The word this month is wonderful, and I chose to use it for the title to go along with the beautiful picture of the sunrise on my layout. The colors in the sky that morning were stunning – needless to say I was full of wonder! It almost seemed too perfect.

For the creative challenge, I used several kinds of sparkle on my layout: gold glitter, Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst colors (two-toned shimmer), Prima Color Bloom Sprays with shimmer, gems, and Liquitex Glass Bead gel. The following two pictures really capture the sparkle  much better than the other pictures (I had to use my flash in low light).




I used my Silhouette Portrait to cut the title I designed in the software and to cut the doily by the picture. For this project, I used Liquitex cs Acrylic Gesso and Liquitex Glass Bead Gel. The roses around the picture are from Wild Orchid Crafts, and the other flowers are from Prima's Epiphany collection.

Here are some angle shots:



Hopefully my video tutorial will be insightful and I hope you enjoy it!  Any comments, questions, or suggestions (including criticisms!) are encouraged. Have a wonderful day!


13 comments:

  1. Love it! Amazing work and awesome video :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darlin'! Watching me work in fast forward makes me look like a pro lol just kidding.

      Delete
  2. Such a wonderful layout . :) Beautiful photo and I am liking all the shine on your background. Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! For last month's challenge I actually titled my layout "Sparkling"... so this month seemed like a repeat lol

      Delete
  3. Awesome AWESOME layout... Thank you for joining our Febuary Challenge over @ More Than Words... Will pop by & check out your video tut! TFS... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors you chose! Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout!! Loving that sparkle in your background! Great photo! All the best from More Than Words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous page!! and great tutorial!!
    thanks for playing with us at More Than Words!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous layout! Love it! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - this is amazing! I love the video too! Thanks for joining in at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super wonderful layout!Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!
    Kareen

    ReplyDelete