April 11, 2018

"Special" Layout for Blue Fern Studios

"Special"

My first layout for the Blue Fern Studios design team for April is titled "Special".  For this layout, I chose to use papers from the Heartland Collection.  The background paper is Love Blooms and I used the Love Notes paper to build the matting under the picture.


I applied clear gesso to the background paper then did some stenciling with modeling paste.  To add more white with the modeling paste, I used diluted gesso on a plastic bag and "smooshed" it up and down my page.  My next step for the background work was to use a different stencil with modeling paste in areas around the page.  While it was still wet, I applied Dark Chocolate embossing powder over the modeling paste then dried it with a heat gun.  I love embossing with texture paste - for the next step, I added blue mist with a paint brush to the areas around the embossed stenciling.


At this point, I put my picture and embellishments in place then splattered diluted gesso up and down my page to create a soft and relaxing feel to it.

The Blue Fern Flourish chipboard was first embossed with Dark Chocolate embossing powder, then I added some Solar Flare glitter randomly in spots with matte gel medium.  Both lilies are from the Wanderlust Lillies set.  The lily to the left of the picture has Blue Ice Glitter applied with matte gel.


The lily to the right has Black Ice glitter applied to the tips with matte gel also.   


Here's my list of Blue Fern Studios products for this layout:

Paper
Heartland - Love Blooms
Heartland - Love Notes

Seedlings
Harvest
Glass

Glitter
Solar Flare
Blue Ice
Black Ice

Flowers
Wanderlust Lillies
Fresh Florals

Embossing Powder
Dark Chocolate

Chipboard
Special Title
Blue Fern Flourish

Thanks for visiting!
~Jessica~

No comments:

Post a Comment