August 20, 2018

"Dreams" Layout for the Art Playground Challenge!

Here is my newest layout titled "Dreams" for the Art Playground Challenge.  The theme is "Be Authentic".  This blog post is going to give a summary of various aspects of who I am as a person - I created my layout based off of this idea.  I wanted to create a layout to show how I am authentic as a person.

Dreams scrapbook mixed media layout by Jessica McFall

Here are the colors for the Art Playground Challenge for August:


The colors are perfect to represent me as a person! Often I see things as black and white, meanwhile I have to remind myself sometimes there may be a gray area. Also, blue is the color I use during meditating in stressful times. "Breathe in blue. Breathe out red."


I chose to use a music notes stamp on my background because music gets me through all of my highs and lows in life. I sing it loud so I have to play it loud. :-)

The cracked stencil with the blue seedlings represent the times I feel broken yet I still fight through it and keep hope alive. The inspiration for this comes from a song by the band Disturbed. The name of the song is "The Light". Here are some lyrics: "When you think all is foresaken, listen to me now. You need never feel broken again. Sometimes darkness can show you the light."


I took a picture on vacation about a week ago at Myrtle Beach specifically for this challenge. To go with my picture, I used some black roses. Although I always mean well and do the very best I can, I have always felt like an outsider no matter how many people I surround myself with. I am a beautiful person, but I am also the black rose.


Behind my picture is a pair of twos because the number two is my favorite number. I remind myself that it is okay to be in second place because nobody is perfect.


I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better through this layout. I tried to be as authentic with my artwork as possible to represent the person I am. Thank you for taking a look today!

~ Jessica ~

6 comments:

  1. I love how this one turned out Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just Darling!! I love your page !! Thank you so much for joining us at ArtPG!! xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! absolutely stunning work :)
    Thanks for joining the Art Playground Blog's August Play
    Preeti
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great layout!
    Thank you for playing with us at Art Playground!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiness! It's so harmonic!
    Thank you for playing with us at Art PLayground!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout! Thank you for playing with us at Art PLayground

    ReplyDelete