August 26, 2018

"Fabulous" - Mixed Media & Art Challenge

Hi there! After much internal debate, I decided to create a layout without a picture titled "Fabulous" for the Mixed Media & Art Challenge "Colors of Life".


I chose to use the sketch by turning it sideways and the color scheme that is found below it. Here is the Mixed Media & Art challenge board:


The 13arts Out of the Blue "Pink Flowerets" paper was perfect for this challenge. The soft pastel colors were just what I needed. For my project I used a lot of Blue Fern Studios products, Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, and Little Birdie flowers and stencil.



The title chipboard piece was painted with gesso than white acrylic paint. I then embossed it with Blue Fern Studios Azul and Pearl embossing powders. In this picture, you can also see the flowers I used. The pink flower is a Little Birdie flower and the others are by Wild Orchid Crafts.


Under the round glass stones, I used Blue Fern Studios Mocha glitter and Blue Ice glitter. Throughout the center of my wreath, you will also see Fuzzy Navel Mini Prills and Blue Fern Studios seedlings Red Grape and Pink Topaz. I used Prima Color Bloom Spray in Ginger Coral and Lindy's Stamp Gang Cape Cod Coral in the center of my wreath.


For the Blue Fern Studios flower chipboard, I put on two coats of gesso then painted it with the same colors I used in the center of my wreath. When I was done, I embossed it with Blue Fern Studios Baby Pink, Coral, and Pearl embossing powder. Then I added the Pink Topaz Seedlings randomly.


For my background, I ripped pieces of scrap paper that I had. I glued them to the paper then added heavy gesso over it. I used Golden Crackle Paste and a Little Birdie stencil. When the crackle paste was dry, I used a Stripes stencil by Ranger with modeling paste. Then I embossed the stripes with Blue Fern Studios Azul and Pearl embossing powders. Finally, I mixed Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray Tibetan Poppy Teal with diluted white gesso to paint the background. I also added some Ranger Distress Ink in Mowed Lawn with a text stamp on the background.


I love using these bright pastel colors and of course I love to use glitter! I have many colors of glitter so this was a great opportunity to use some pastel glitter!


Thank you for taking a look today and I hope you get to take a look at the challenge blog! Take Care!! :-)

~ Jessica ~

5 comments:

  1. I love the way you've thought outside the square on this one. Such fabulous colours too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice and beautiful! thank you so much for playing with us at MMart challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing colors and lovely layout! Thanks a lot for playing with us MM&A

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous! Love the colors! Thank you so much for joining us at Mixed Media & Art!

    ReplyDelete