January 10, 2018

"Wonderful" - Winter Layout for Blue Fern Studios

Welcome back to my blog today!  I decided to go with a cold, winter theme for my newest layout titled "Wonderful" for the Blue Fern Studios Design Team.

Blue Fern Studios Vintage Christmas Mixed Media Layout

The Blue Fern Studios Vintage Christmas Collection was perfect for this winter theme so I chose Auld Lang Syne as my background paper.


After adding clear gesso to my paper, I used some matte gel medium to attach various cards from the Holiday Cards paper and Greeting Cards paper.  I also used some of these cards as matting for my picture.  After adding texture with a stencil and texture paste, I used a little bit of taupe mist around my stenciled area.  After I added all of my elements to my layout, I decided I wanted more color over the taupe mist.  I chose another stencil with matte gel medium then sprinkled some Mauve Seedlings over the matte gel.  I was very glad I did.  


I embossed the Ornate Medallions Chipboard with Ivory Embossing Powder, and while it was still hot, I sprinkled some White Gold Glitter on top to add a bit of sparkle.  To add more dimension to the page, I used some of the Vintage Christmas Printed Chipboard.  I LOVE how it can be used as a subtle accent to layouts or can be used as a focal point on a layout!  They are really versatile and fit the collections well.


The blue and white flowers are part of the Christmas Blooms set.  On the tips of each flower I added Blue Ice Glitter to make it have a frosty look.


The pink flowers on the page are part of the Remnants Blossoms set.  They also have some Blue Ice Glitter on the petal tips.


To help "anchor" the photo and the title, I added pieces of the Leafy Page Accents Chipboard.  I cut one of the chipboard pieces in half and embossed it with Green Ivory Embossing Powder.


I cut the word "Wonderful" from one of the Vintage Christmas Printed Chipboard pieces for the title of my layout.  I like how it looks like it is resting on the pink Remnants Blossoms flower.

Thank you for taking a look at my layout today and stay warm!

~ Jessica


Blue Fern Studios Products List

Papers
Vintage Christmas - Auld Lang Syne
Vintage Christmas - Holiday Cards
Vintage Christmas - Greeting Cards

Chipboard
Vintage Christmas - Printed Chipboard
Leafy Page Accents
Ornate Medallions

Flowers
Remnants Florals
Christmas Blooms

Embossing Powder
Ivory
Green Ivory

Seedlings
Mauve

Glitter
Blue Ice
White Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment