June 21, 2022

"Treasure" Mixed Media Layout - Guest Designer for White with 1 Challenge Blog!

Hello dear friends. Today I am sharing my newest layout titled "Treasure" as guest designer for the White with 1 Challenge Blog for June, 2022! This month's color is orange...


A big "thank you" for the folks over at the White with 1 Challenge Blog for the invitation! Here is the mood board for this June:


Since I love the ocean, I chose a picture of the sunset on the beach.


Please scroll to the end of my blog entry to see a more complete list of products I used.

To begin, I used 98 lb. mixed media paper covered in clear gesso. The orange in the background and the Wild Orchard Crafts Roses were painted with "Dried Marigold" Distress Spray Stain and mixed with the orange from Prima's Watercolor Confections "The Classics".


I used three pieces of 2Crafty Chipboard for my layout. The title "Treasure" comes from the Friendship Mini Word Pack; the small, intricate frame under and above the picture is Frames Tiny Kathleen's; and the larger flourishes to the left and right of the picture is Formal Flourish 3. All pieces were first painted with white gesso. Then I embossed the title with white embossing powder. The flourishes got some crackle texture paste applied randomly.


I added some Mini Prills on the seashells with matte gel medium and some fine glitter under and around the glass stones.


In the picture above, you can really see the fun textures.


The white flowers are from Little Birdie Crafts' "White" Pearl Petites.


In the picture above, you can see the 13arts stencil "Her Style" that I used with modeling paste, then embossed with white embossing powder.

I hope you enjoyed this layout!

Products Used:

2Crafty Chipboard

13arts
Stencil - "Her Style"

Ranger
Distress Spray Stain - "Dried Marigold"
Distress Texture Paste - "Crackle"
Embossing Powder - Super Fine - "White"

Prima
Art Basics - Modeling Paste
Art Basics - Heavy Gesso
Confections Watercolor - "The Classics"

Little Birdie Crafts
Flowers - Pearl Petites - "White"

Wild Orchard Crafts
Roses - "Coral"

USArtQuest
Mini Prills - "Minnie Pearls"

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I hope to see you next time!

~Jessica Fischer~

No comments:

Post a Comment