June 07, 2022

Video Tutorial for my First Art Journal Pages! - "Botanicals" - More than Words Challenge June, 2022

Hello, hello! 

For my very first art journal pages I decided to make a video tutorial! It is a lot longer than I usually make for layouts even though I sped up a lot of the video and even jumped forward through repetitious parts. I added detailed explanations of my steps in the tutorial. You can watch the video at the bottom of my blog post along with the list of products I used.

I created "Botanicals" for the More than Words Challenge for June, 2022. The word is "botanicals", and the creative challenge is enchanting. The added bonus was to put the number 150 on your entry. Here is the challenge board:


I used botanical images that I printed from free internet images. For the creative challenge, enchanting, I chose a color scheme that I have always found enchanting. Coral, raspberry, navy, and greens are "dreamy" to me. I used techniques such as highlighting the textures with gesso to make it look even more enchanting.

Along with the number 150 I put on the right page, I also put the numbers 2, 2, and 2 on the left page since two is my favorite number. Here is the left side of the page:


And another angle:


Here is the right page with the number 150:


I wanted to add a closeup of the botanicals on the right page:


Products Used:

13arts
Paper - Aqua Flora Collection - "Shades of Black"
Stickers - Secret Letters Collection

Lindy's Stamp Gang
Magical - "Sea Grass Green"
Magical - "Cape Cod Coral"

Heidi Swapp
Color Shine - "Navy"
Color Shine - "Raspberry"

Prima
Color Bloom Spray - "Deep Teal"
Finnabair Art Basics - Modeling Paste
Finnabair Art Basics - Heavy Gesso

Ranger
Distress Texture Paste - "Crackle"
Archival Ink Pad - "Jet Black"

Little Birdie Crafts
Stencil - "Threadbare Net"

Liquitex
Clear Gesso
White Gesso
Fluid Matte Medium


Here is the video tutorial I promised you! You can also watch it on my Youtube Channel.




Have a super day.

~Jessica Fischer~

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty Jessica! The textures are gorgeous, I can see the crackle paste - love that look - textures are my jam, brings so much life to a page.

    ReplyDelete